Datatokens are the interface to connect data assets with blockchain and DeFi tools. Crypto wallets become data wallets, crypto exchanges become data marketplaces, DAOs for data co-ops, and more via DeFi composability. It’s “data legos”.
The data itself does not need to be on-chain, just the access control.
Ocean-based apps make data asset on-ramps and off-ramps easy for end users. Ocean smart contracts and libraries make this easy for developers.
Out-of-the-box data wallets, exchanges, more.
Datatokens repurpose ERC20 crypto wallets as data wallets, crypto exchanges as data marketplaces, and more.
Drive more value to DeFi.
Datatokens bridge the multibillion data industry into DeFi assets under management, and help valuable data get used to optimize DeFi yields and capital efficiency.
Simple decentralized access control.
The benefits of decentralized access control combined with a simple developer experience, user experience, and code.
- Ocean Datatokens: From Money Legos to Data Legos: How DeFi Helps Data, and Data Helps DeFi
- Datatokens 1: Data Custody. Data access control, meet crypto wallets & data DAOs.
- Datatokens 2: Non-Fungible, Fungible and Composable Datatokens. For data baskets, limited-edition datasets, priced compute pipelines, and more
- Datatokens 3: Data and Decentralized Finance (Data * DeFi). Data as Collateral. Data DEXes, Data Loans, Data Stablecoins, and Datatokens in Financial Supply Chains
- Ocean Protocol Technical Whitepaper