Get and Store OCEAN
Buy Ocean Tokens at any of our exchange partners and learn how to securely store them.
Keep Your OCEAN Safe
The Ocean Token is a standard ERC-20 token and can be stored in any wallet with ERC-20 capabilities. Here are some ERC-20 wallets.
Check Your OCEAN
Check the total balance of OCEAN from an Ethereum address in the Ethereum Mainnet.
Tools for working with the OCEAN token.
Developed a tool or wrote something about Ocean Tokens? Let us know @oceanprotocol
The Token For The Web3 Data Economy
The OCEAN token is used to stake on data for curation, and to buy & sell data.
OCEAN is deployed to Ethereum mainnet. The smart contracts for Ocean functionality are deployed to Ethereum mainnet and several other EVM networks.
The supply of OCEAN is capped to 1.41 billion tokens. 51% of this supply is disbursed according to a Bitcoin-like schedule over decades, to fund the community (Data Farming, etc).
OCEAN holders lock OCEAN for veOCEAN, which is then used for curating data assets and related Data Farming rewards.
Unit of Exchange
OCEAN is the default unit of exchange to buy & sell data in Ocean Market.
veOCEAN enables people to earn rewards by locking OCEAN and curating data. The longer OCEAN is locked for, the more veOCEAN, and in turn the more rewards and curation power.
Unit of Exchange
OCEAN is the default unit of exchange to buy & sell data in Ocean Market. Earn by publishing data in Ocean Market, or creating your own Ocean-powered market.
- veOCEAN is Launching, Data Farming is Resuming
- How to make money from OceanOnda V4 (including Ocean Market)
- Using Ocean Market (Docs)
- Ocean Token Model: System Dynamics for Near-Term Growth and Long-Term Sustainability
- The Web3 Sustainability Loop: A System Design for Long-term Growth of Web3 Projects, with Application to Ocean Protocol
- Ocean Protocol Technical Whitepaper